Monday, March 20, 2017

Planning.........A New Project for My Little Sweetheart



I would really like to give my little granddaughter a Quiet Book for her birthday next month.  She loves to do small activities and she needs to do something quiet at church.   She is just beginning to learn about colors, numbers, snaps and velcro.  This would be the perfect gift for her.

At first I considered buying one for her, I went on Etsy and they are extremely expensive.  However they look so nice.   So now I am thinking of making it myself.     I feel a little out of my element with this project because I  do not sew.  In fact I am debating if I should borrow a sewing machine or buy one to complete this project.

I've read a couple sites and it appears I am already behind in this project.  I should have started several months ago.  One site suggested making one page a week.  I like that suggestion.  I think for her birthday I may make the cover and several pages that focus on colors and then continue to add more as time goes on.  That way I will not feel so pressured.
Here are a couple sites I think will be helpful as a reference during the project:
How to Cut Felt
How to Make a Cover

This will be my cover.  My granddaughter loves elephants and balloons.

source
I want to start out with a fun page for her.  Right now she loves driving little cars and trucks.  This page looks adorable.  I like the stop light on the left my little sweetie can start learning three basic colors she will see daily as she drives to therapy.


source
This is another important page for her to work on.  She can practice sliding the popsicle sticks in the pockets.  This will be a great for her fine motor skills.  
source
This will be a little harder for her to do.  She is working on putting things in, however a good skill to practice.  I also like the fact that they are shapes.  I think I would keep it simple and to the basic shapes: heart, star, circle, square, rectangle and triangle.  
source
This is page is adorable and practicing zipping is great for any child.  I love  incorporating the rainbow into any project.  This is a must do page for me.  
source
This page is so cute and my little granddaughter needs to work on matching and colors.  
source
As time goes on I would like to consider some of the pages below.
source

source

source

source

source

source



source




No comments: