Monday, June 5, 2017

How I Changed My Reading Habits

How did I go from reading five books in April
to reading 16 books in May??????


It is so easy......Audiobooks.   Here is the best part.....they are all for free.  Yes, free through the public library.  Now are you ready for this.....I never actually went to the library.  I downloaded the Overdrive app and found my local library.  I filled in the information and away I went.   I had a couple questions like what is the password for my library card? But I could take care of everything over the phone.  

Now I can not find every book I want to read at the library so I still do have to purchase some books however I have cut in half how many books I am buying.  

I am reading books during my morning routine and before I go to bed but the rest of the day I am lovin' the Audiobooks.  There are so many times in my day that I am doing other things and I can listen to a story.  Driving in my car, rocking a sleeping baby, ironing, washing the dishes, painting, scrapbooking, gardening and even biking are all great times for me to listen to a book.  

Presently I have over 300 books on my Overdrive wishlist.   I think that will keep me busy for a while.  

No comments: