Monday, July 3, 2017

DIY Thankful Signs

I am in love with a lot of the chalkboard signs on Pinterest and Instagram.  I love the ones that say Thankful,  Blessed, and Welcome and I wish I could make then all and hang them in my house. Unfortunately, I feel, that would be overkill so I have to pick one.  
I decided to go with the word Thankful because it is a nice reminder that you always have something to be thankful for.  

I purchased a small board at Michaels and spray painted it black with chalkboard paint.  

Next, I practiced and practiced my handwriting skills on scrap paper until I was happy with a thankful font.  

I used a chalkboard pen on the board to write thankful.  I am still considering going back and redoing it with a white paint pen.

Then I hung it up over my Starbucks mug collection.  I was really lucky that the board was the exact size as the mug rack.  It looks like it is part of the rack.

My husband and daughter said it is a reminder to always be thankful for your coffee.  

No comments: