Monday, July 10, 2017

Caterpillar Rocks for the Garden


In May I wrote about the ladybug rocks my grand-daughter and I made for the garden.  She had so much fun helping that we decided to make another project together.  One of her favorite stories is The Very Hungry Caterpillar so I thought it would be easy to make a caterpillar. We would make a simple caterpillar and she can practice counting the stones.
We made two caterpillars one for grandma's house and one for Haddie's house.  At grandma's house we found a patch of dirt to set up the caterpillar.  Then grandma went back later and planted some plants around the caterpillar.
The caterpillar is so easy to make, just find a few rocks and wash and spray paint them green and red.  I used circle sponges I found at Michael's for the eyes and nose.  Then I put two coats of Outdoor Mod Podge on the rocks.  

You will notice in the top picture I tried to make a Nemo rock for Haddie.  Right now she loves Nemo.  I let her take the Nemo rock home for her garden.   She put in near her playhouse.  

When Haddie comes over for a visit she likes to look for her ladybugs and caterpillar in the garden.  She has her rainbow ladybugs, her caterpillar and a butterfly windsock.  She is very proud of her things and likes to look at them for a while.  

No comments: