Monday, July 31, 2017

July Reading Log

I started using Instagram last month and started following some avid book readers as well as following the blog Modern Mrs. Darcy and I have read many references to the Jane Austen books.  So I decided to find out what all the talk was about.  So I set out this the month to read all her books.  I found this cute set of books at Half Price books and started reading. As I expected the books her books are about romance however I didn't expect there to be humor in the books.  I don't think I am going to write a recap of the stories because most people have read the stories I just want to say I really liked all the books but I think Pride and Prejudice was my favorite.  Here is how I would rank the stories:
1.  Pride and Prejudice
2.  Sense and Sensibility
3.  Emma
4.  Northanger Abby
5.  Mansfield Park
6.  Persuasion

I found this fun little quiz Which Jane Austen Heroine Are You? Check it out it was fun to see which character was most like me.  Here are my results. It sounds pretty much like me.   

I read two other books this month.  First I read,  One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid.  From the beginning you sort of know what will happen however it is so sad.  I cried several times throughout the story.  The book is hard to put down you just want to know what will happen.  How will Emma move on, who will she choose?  How can she choose?  I give this book ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐.  You will just love it.  

The other book I read was Why Not Me?  by Mindy Kaling.  This book was about Mindy telling it like it is in Hollywood and show business.  She wrote about several experiences from her life...blah blah blah....she is very funny but the story doesn't really go anywhere. Mindy has worked hard to get to where she is and she is very funny. That's what I got out of it.   I give it ⭐⭐.   
  

No comments: