Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Book Review: Laundry Love

 


















I read Laundry Love: Finding Joy in A Common Chore on the recommendation of @annebogel.  She sang high praises in one of her book talks.  I was lucky enough

to get a preview copy on @Netgalley.  

The book is a nonfiction book with loads 😂 of ideas to make your weekly or daily laundry chore more efficient and enjoyable. I knew from the beginning of the book when I read this quote:

“My idea of the ultimate in luxury is sun-dried, fresh-smelling laundry taken right off the line--especially sheets and then sleeping in those sheets,”  that I was going to enjoy this book.  There is nothing I enjoy more than fresh smelling sheets from the clothesline."

I didn’t know if this book was going to tell me anything I didn’t already know after all I’ve been doing the laundry for 37 years, but I am always willing to learn something new.    

However, Patric Richardson is a clothing expert. He majored in fashion design and runs a clothing store and Laundry Camps. So he knows a bit about laundry himself.  His writing style is very casual, and it feels like you were having a conversation with a best friend.  

There are so many great tips in the book and my favorite section is how to spot out every type of stain.  What I really liked about this book was Patric’s attitude toward the laundry.  When you are doing the laundry for your family you are showing them how much you care.  You care that they look their best and feel their best each time they get dressed.   This is definitely a book you may want to give as a gift to someone who is just moving out on their own AND add some tabs and notes so you don’t get calls about how to get stains out of the carpet.  


Thank you @NetGalley and @flatiron_books for allowing me to preview this wonderful book. 







No comments: