My Updated Laundry Room
It is almost finished, can you believe it! After a nightmare of working with a contractor who was disorganized the laundry room is complete. It looks beautiful. This is one of my favorite rooms in the house now. I could do the wash all day.
For you to truly understand what I have worked around for the past eighteen years just look at this ugly sink or read this post I wrote in 2011 about the ten reasons why I hate my laundry room.
The room is very small and I had limited space. I could not fit a front loader washer and dryer in the space without blocking the doorways so I just kept what I had.
My husband insisted on having a sink in the laundry room to clean his trumpet and other messy projects. So I did not gain counter space. Otherwise I do have a spot for almost everything. I had to be a bit creative. Here are the
The Ten Things I Love About the Laundry Room
1. It is white. I just love white cabinets and wood.
2. I love the cabinet doors. I love the glass doors.
3. I love that the new cabinet has a shelf on the bottom so I can but my baskets on it. That is where I keep the hangers. The top two drawers are fake however the bottom two drawers have supplies organized in them.
4. I love the new updated handles on the cabinets they are similar to the ones I have in the kitchen.
5. I love the new faucet and the towel rack.
6. I just love a new clean sink!
7. I love that the woodwork is white in here as well. It makes my red check curtains pop on the back door.
8. I love the simple white hanging rod that goes across the room. Then all my clothes do not hang up in the doorways around the house.
9. I like my new basket organization in the cabinets and all the cabinets and drawers have the red check contact paper in them.
10. I didn't have a spot for a garbage can so I made a little trash can to collect the lint from the dryer. I also put the clothespins in a tin bucket too.
We do have one more job to do in the laundry room. There is one strip of crown molding my husband promises to paint white for me. I have been waiting for awhile. It just may go on my January list of things to do.