Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Baby It's Cold Outside

Back in November when we planned the Baby Shower we thought what would be a perfect theme in January in Wisconsin.
And we came up with BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!  

Who knew it would be close to 50 degrees in Wisconsin.  All the ideas for the shower we found on Pinterest.  Many of the sites even had youtube videos with directions on how to make the items as well. It was so helpful to us.  

First we made a wreath for the front door.  It was so easy to make.  What I liked about this wreath is that I added toile in between each diaper. By doing this it soften up the look of the wreath.   
Then my daughter had an idea to get these super large balloons.  Lots of people commented on how cute they were.  They made a great backdrop as the Mommy to be opened the gifts.   
Next in the Living Room we did a couple of things.   My daughter thought it would be cute to put up a sock garland.  It's hard to see it but my daugter-in-law and I made a onesie bouquet for the top of the fireplace and put a stuffed animal next to it.  
Below the fireplace I put my stacking blocks that I made and a crate for all the baby books that all our guests brought with their presents.
Here is an up close look at the onesie bouquet.  We made four of them and put them around the house.  
  

In the bathrooms my mom and I made these adorable elephant towels for a little decoration.  My mom had a book on how to make animals out of towels that she purchased on a cruise.   
I couldn't resist these diaper babies.  I didn't know what to do with them but I thought they are adorable.  
This is our diaper cake.  We made it into a snow baby.  It was so easy to make.  I think the hat was my favorite part of the diaper cake.  We also put a bib on it instead of a scarf.   


We put together a game to guess when the baby will arrive.  Again this was a super easy project to put together that everyone enjoyed participating in.  

Then we made clouds and snowflakes with onesies garland.  Note all the grass out the window.  No snow in sight!

By far my favorite gift was the one we gave to my son.  We put together a Daddy Tool Box.  It was a great idea we found a Pinterest.  It was a fun way to let daddy feel part of the process.

Here is the Mommy and Daddy to be.  They are so excited to be welcoming their little bundle of joy to the world.  

No comments: