Monday, May 22, 2017

My Big Kitchen Wall

Kitchen --  September, 2, 2012
 This big ENORMOUS kitchen wall has puzzled me for years.  I just haven't found the perfect way to decorate it yet. Ideally I would love to put a kitchen hutch here but there just is not enough room so I'm back to thinking of ways to divide the wall into parts to come up with the best arrangement. 

My must have item was this mug rack from Magnolia to display some of my Starbuck Collection Mugs.  I saw Joanna use this is several of the Fixer Upper Episodes and I really wanted to add this in the kitchen.   
Changes in the Kitchen June 30, 2016
I found this little shelf at Target and a decorative sign at Michaels.  After looking at the sign for over a year now, I felt the sign was just to little and honestly the Kitchen Rules just didn't feel like us.
source
I fell in love with this chalkboard idea on Instagram by Urban.Farm Girl for $168.  At first I was thinking of buying it, however my wise daughter suggested that I could make it for less and give her the money for shoes.  

                                     

So I made my own copycat version for less than $50.  I purchased the black letters EAT at Michael's however it looks like FAT on my shelf.  I went searching around my house to see what else I could use and found this sign Love the Journey my daughter gave me for Christmas.(World Market)  I love the image of the bike on it because biking is something that my husband and I do together and it is something our boys do as well. Of course the large word LOVE is another bonus as well.   
 Now I am deciding if I want to put the letters EAT in the middle of the wall or if that is going to clutter things up.  My goal is to keep things simple.  

Items Used to make the Chalkboard Frame:
  • Frame from Hobby Lobby (on sale of course)
  • Wreath from Barnyard Chicks
  • Chalkboard Contact Paper from Target
  • Ribbon from Steins


No comments: