Thursday, December 29, 2011

11 Changes in 2011


Every year at this time I like to look back over the year and look at what I did well over the year and what I need to improve for the up coming year.  Most of the improvements I made this year were influenced by the blogs I was reading.  Some of the improvements were little but others were big and really made a difference in the way I live my life.  


11  improvements for 2011
........................................

1.      Birthday/christmas gift of a laptop
It all started with my little laptop gift I received from my husband and children for christmas and my birthday this past year.  This little laptop opened me up to take risks on my own into the blogging world.

2.     Began my own blog

I started this blog so I could participate in the challenges presented at A Bowl Full of Lemons.  From there I was interested in designing my own.  I still struggle with the blog....mainly with finding time to write it.  But it is more of a self discovery and personal journey for me.  Above is the different blog headers I had this year,  I think it shows the process I am on to simplify my life.  


3.     Recipe binders


The project has changed my life.... not a well written blog....but the idea is amazing.  I am still refining the binders and now that I am trying to change the way I eat.  

4.     Began my own teaching blog

I started this blog a couple months after I started Fruity Lemonade.....to organize my teaching thoughts and ideas and as a place to keep my teaching blog friends.   

It was crazy.....it has completely changed the way I teach...I am so inspired by the awesome ideas shared through the blogs.  The blog is finally getting to the point where other bloggers are leaving comments and I am getting some feedback.  

5.     craft table
I have dreamed of the craft table for years......after reading blogs for a couple of months I was inspired to make my own.


and I love it. 

6.     Silhouette machine
Just like many other crafters I bought a sihouette machine.  I wish I had more time to make more but my favorite project I made for my home was my red bench.


for my classroom  I made everything.......

Here are two of my favorites :)


7.     Spray painting
I discovered spray painting and I painted everything I could in my house and classroom.  Here is my first spray painting project.


8.     Pinterest
I don't think I need to say much about Pinterest......everybody knows it is addicting and it is amazing.  You can see from my 89 boards and over 2,000 pins I am obssessed!



9.     Redecorated my classroom
From the ideas I read on blogs and found on Pinterest I redid my entire classroom.....I spray painted and created everything!!!











10.   Guest room
This room has taken me a long time to get together.....I am not done and I do have some finishing touches but I have taken this extra room (the boys old bedroom) and made it into a guest room/my closet.  






11.    Laundry organizer
Ok....I am not quiet finish with this project.   BUT .... I will be tomorrow :)





No comments: